Welcome! Explore, stretch challenge, take risks.
On Line Gifted Resources - you can also find them on Facebook
Some of my favourite articles
From the Florida DOE
RESOURCES AND LINKS
I compiled some links for you that you can share with your staff if you would like. They are high level thinking and social-emotional skill building activities that look like they would work well for gifted students because they provide opportunities for discussing complicated concepts and lessons from the past, etc.
Kathleen Casper, J.D.
Gifted Education Specialist
Bureau of Standards and Instructional Support
Florida Department of Education
325 W. Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Here they are:
· Elementary unit on interviewing skills:
· Elementary and middle school options for book reports:
· Elementary and middle school advertising campaign unit:
· Ideas for connecting elementary and middle school gifted learners with the community and high level thinking:
· Middle and high school unit on photo journaling:http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/education/lessonPlans/lessonPlan117.shtml
· Middle and high school unit on Mrs. Roosevelt’s letter and connecting the depression era and the New Deal with today:
· High school unit on Utopia:http://www.mensaforkids.org/MFK2/assets/File/Teach/LessonPlans/Lesson_Utopia.pdf
· High school unit on the Holocaust using poetry: http://www.holocaust-trc.org/to-the-little-polish-boy-standing-with-his-arms-up/to-be-or-not-to-be/
· Smithsonian online labs:http://www.smithsonianeducation.org/educators/lesson_plans/idealabs/idealabs.html
· National Park Services’ Teaching with Historic Places: http://www.nps.gov/nr/twhp/
· National Geographic lesson plans and activities:http://education.nationalgeographic.com/teaching-resources/?ar_a=1
· Readwritethink lesson plans from the National Council for Teachers of English:http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/lesson-plans/?grade=0&strand=0&engagement=0
· Social emotional skill building activities:http://www.brighthubeducation.com/teaching-gifted-students/83339-three-group-projects-for-gifted-students/
· Online language classes: http://www.word2word.com/course.html
· National Weather Service lessons on weather:http://www.srh.noaa.gov/srh/jetstream/matrix.htm
· NASA for educators: http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/index.html
· NOVA videos: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/
· Scholastic online field trips: http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/student-activities
· Hands-on classroom activities on electricity, magnets, and polarized light:http://www2.lbl.gov/MicroWorlds/teachers/teacherpack.html